Saturday, April 4, 2009

Epic fail is epic...

I completely failed to update yesterday. *tear* So that means you get an extra-long blog post today! I'll start of by talking about Friday's visit to the Medieval Faire.

I had an interesting time. I went down there with my friend Stevie, who's real into the SCA stuff -- like, she'd be a SCAdian if she had the time. So I got a lot of the historical accuracy information from her. We met up with (people I know, but are mainly irrelevant) Andrew, Phil, Heather, Lindsey, Autumn, and Colby. We all walked around the fair for a while. One of the highlights, at least in my opinion, whas catching the performance put on by Willie's Wenches. That and getting some of Clan McGilly's Sarsaparilly (homemade root beer). After the fair closed at 7, Autumn, Lindsey, Phil, and I went back to Autumn and Lindsey's dorm and played games. We played Apples to Apples and Moods, both great group games. Phil, who's in the Pride of Oklahoma, annoyed us all by playing "Boomer Sooner" continuously. Then, I went to bed... without posting. :(

Random thought: My blog posts look like Wikipedia pages with all the random links I put in them. Which leads to another random thought, a lá Bill Engvall: What would my Wikipedia page look like? I picture it going like this:

Travis Darling (born July 23, 1990) is a meteorology student at the College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences at the University of Oklahoma. He is a tour guide for the National Weather Center.

And so on, and so forth. There would be multiple links per sentence, though. Cause that's the way I write Wikipedia articles. What do you think about the prevalence of wikilinks in articles? Thoughts in comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment